Chris prides himself on his accomplishments as a successful player and coach, rewarding him the opportunity to develop and guide players toward their goals and dreams with this game. Teaching soccer through the vision of the Portuguese methodology, Chris teaches players a smart and skillful way to play, thus allowing players to develop their complete game. With players possessing a complete game, they are able to adapt their playing styles to adjust to any game situation or coach’s direction. The enthusiasm, commitment and care that Chris gives to his trained players and teams of all levels are without comparison. This approach allows players to find success and achievement with learning soccer at their own pace in a comfortable training environment.
Through Chris’s long-term commitment (30 years) to player and team development, Chris, has played a vital role in developing some of the best players and teams to come out of Illinois, as well as Georgia. The teachings and success of the Portuguese way of developing soccer players speak for itself.
Chris’s dedication to teaching this game to youths is far-reaching, with his involvement as co-founder and DOC of the nationally-renowned Sporting Academy, the Raptors/Dactyls Soccer Club, the Illinois ODP State program coaching staff, and the Midwest Regional Staff. Through his contribution and learning from these soccer organizations, and their successful staff, he’s able to help more players/teams achieve their dreams, and at the same time, keep learning from the game that has brought him much happiness and personal recognition.
Through his diligence and commitment to the progress of youth soccer, he’s been able to help players achieve many goals, ranging from State ODP Teams, Midwest and Southern Regional National Teams, and U.S. National Team/Pool Players. Through Chris’s guidance, some players have been fortunate to obtain college soccer scholarships at some of the finest soccer programs in the nation.
In addition to his accomplishments as a FORMER PROFESSIONAL PLAYER FROM PORTUGAL, Chris has achieved the following player and team accolades through his years of coaching and training:
- 9-time National Cup Champion
- 5-time National Cup Finalist
- 10-time National Cup Semi-Finalist
- 7-time USYSA Regional Championship Appearances (2- 1st, 1- 2nd, 1- 3rd & 2- 5th Place Finishes)
- 2007 USYSA Midwest Region II Regional Finalist
- 2005 USYSA Midwest Region II Regional Champion
- 2004 USYSA Midwest Region II Regional Champion
- 2005 National Championship Finalist- USYSA National Championships
- 2004 National Championship Finalist- USYSA National Championships
- 47 State Olympic Development Players Developed (Goalkeepers also)
- 25 US Regional Team/Pool Players Developed (Goalkeepers also)
- 7 US National Team Pool Players Developed
- 1 US Women’s National Team Player Developed (U-19)
- 3 US Men’s National Team Players Developed (U-14/U-15/U-17)
- Numerous tournament app’s/championships- Dallas Cup, Surf Cup, Nomads College Showcase, Disney Showcase, President’s Day Showcase, Tampa Sun Bowl, CASL Raleigh Shootout, Score @ The Shore, Las Vegas College Showcase, MRL Finalists, MRL Champions/SPL Champions, Adidas Blue Chip College Showcase, BOMW, and Huntington Beach (CA) Sand Soccer
- 22- Players Scholarships received for Division 1 Universities (Goalkeepers also)
- 2- High School All-Americans Developed
- US National Licensed Coach
- Portuguese Women’s National Team Program Scout